Dr. Suess

"And will you succeed? Yes indeed! Yes indeed! Ninety Eight and Three Quarters guarenteed!"


Saturday, March 26, 2005

Balancing Out

Pearls and Dreams

Well, I'm pulling myself out of my funk or whatever it was. Why the heck I just can't put that stupid issue to rest, I don't understand, especially with as much damage as it's done to my body. You'd think as much care as I take of myself otherwise, it'd be a no brainer.

ARGH

Anyway ... we went with our small group to our small group leaders grandmother's lakeside cabin for a sleep over. Our small group leader turned 40 yesterday. Last night we had dinner, and visited
and had a special good friday service. Then stayed up 'late' LOL we're night people, they're not ...we were all in bed by 11.

We got up around 6 pm, except for my husband who didn't get up till 9, when I took our small group leaders 16 month old baby boy in to torture him awake.

We had a devotional, and then came home. It was a nice time, and so fun to get away with friends. SOOOOOOOO tiring for me and I quite remember why I don't travel. Although, I do hope we do it again.

Tomorrow is Easter. Our church is having a special service, and I'm not participating first time in the 6 years I've been there. Since I will probably be interpreting, it's probably just as well, cause I'll probably be busy!!!!

Tomorrow, hopefully, my blog posting will be a bit more interesting. For now, I'll close with this Easter poem, at least it will be something.

Tears to Laughter
by Peggikaye Eagler

A long walk down a dusty road.
A burden so heavy, can one man bear the load?
The crowds gathering to jeer and to jest.
Some on the outside, grief fills their chest.


The burden is dropped into the ground.
The man to it nailed, hammering the only sound.
A crown of thorns is placed on His head.
Vinegar sponge to his lips, dying for me instead.


The men will gamble, tearing his robe for the prize.
The devil has blinded, they've believed his lies.
The man will be buried in a rich followers tomb.
Mary stands crying, "This man came from my womb!"


Angels stand guard waiting to announce victory,
The Son of God risen! Completes the promised story.
His sacrifice paid, blood shed on my behalf.
My spirit forgiven, with God forever ... we laugh!




© Peggikaye Eagler


5 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you got a bit of a break away!!

    And I pray that you are blessed by the service tomorrow... if you're concentrating too hard on signing to register the sermon, I pray that God would be your interpreter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy I finally visited your blog for a while, I see we are much a like. I will be visiting more regularly and my prayers and are with you also.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peggy I finally visited your blog for a while, I see we are much a like. I will be visiting more regularly and my prayers and are with you also.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been involved in a small group for over a year now, and it's been great. Glad to hear yours is valuable to you.

    Thanks for visiting my blog - I'll be checking in here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have something to see when you check in, my blog seems to not want me posting as of late. This is the last post I'm seeing, yet ... I've been blogging faithfully every day, including two from today ... they are off in cyberspace somewhere.

    Thanks for checking mine! Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete