Dr. Suess

"And will you succeed? Yes indeed! Yes indeed! Ninety Eight and Three Quarters guarenteed!"


Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Suggestions wanted

Pearls and Dreams

If anyone has any suggestions for dealing with side effects of Fortamet (metformin/glucophage type medication) please please please speak up!!!!! I went up to 1500 mgs on Monday ... my stomach won't stop being queasy, my head hasn't stopped hurting ... I feel gucky all over ... icky ooky ick!

I have to go up to 2000 mgs on Monday, right now, I can't even imagine that! UGH!

I had a post I was going to do tonight, but my queasy tummy isn't going to let me think hard enough.

Flip side, at the doctor's office yesterday ... I was down in weight again, still just a bit, but that makes a full 30 lbs ... exactly ..since September!
In the whole time, since I was 14, I'd never taken more than 5 weeks to loose 30 lbs. So, taking 5 + months to loose 30 lbs ...that is REAL progress ...
Maybe, just maybe, between having the insulin resistance diagnosed & treated, and loosing it slowly, it will stay off for good this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment