Dr. Suess

"And will you succeed? Yes indeed! Yes indeed! Ninety Eight and Three Quarters guarenteed!"


Saturday, February 19, 2005

Check it out

Pearls and Dreams


When I was in high school, I was on a debate team. My debate coach told me something that has stuck with me for the rest of my life.

"If you do not fully understand your opponants point of view, you cannot fully defend your own."

From that moment on, I learned that it is OK to agree to disagree with people. I learned that by having intelligent conversations with people that I don't necessarily share the same views, I expand my own horizons and strengthen my own point of view.

With that being said ... I am proud to give you the following link

http://oracknows.blogspot.com/2005/02/second-meeting-of-skeptics-circle-will.html
The Sceptics Carnival is a great grouping of blog entries dealing with : "some really good examples of skeptical blogging on intelligent design creationism, questionable medical claims, pseudoscience, credulous reporting of the "paranormal," and other topics. " (copied/pasted of of Orac's blog!)

While I do not (obviously if you've read my posts) support all the things posted in the Skeptics Circle, I do find there to be quite a lot of interesting, intriquing and valuable information.

If you are easily offended when someone does not agree with you, I don't suggest taking a look. If, on the other hand, like me, you like to learn as much about the world around you, even if it doesn't agree with your take on the world ... go have an interesting afternoon or evening of quite interesting blogging! And ENJOY regardless of your own personal views.

Just remember ... the views in the Skeptics circle only represent the views of each individual blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment