Dr. Suess

"And will you succeed? Yes indeed! Yes indeed! Ninety Eight and Three Quarters guarenteed!"


Monday, April 24, 2006

Pearls and Dreams

Pearls and Dreams
To Honor My Mother

Taking me home, thrilled to raise me up.
Overwhelmed with joy, God filled your cup.

Hours of chasing me to tie my shoe,
Or wiping my hands when I played with glue.
Nights spend rocking and wiping my brow,
Over and under, "You can tie your shoe now!"
Reading, writing teaching me each new thing.

Years flying by, new triumphs they bring.
Observing the world through childlike eyes,
Understanding my dreams will reach to the skies.

Month after month, the lessons you teach,
You've worked hard to put success in my reach.

Mishaps and trophies, both bring a tear,
Opening your heart, you've calmed my fear.
Through I stand here now, I've grown much too fast,
Hoping you'll see my love, forever, will last.
Everything you've done, the best gift to me,
Really making sure I know Jesus loves me!


© Peggikaye Eagler

3 comments:

  1. Really nice!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both.

    So, TJ, then you have to take my word for it ...that you can also write poetry!;)

    ReplyDelete