Pearls and Dreams
Well, I haven't given a kitten update in quite a while. I think the last time I did, I told you that we'd settled on the name of Betsy. Well, Betsy turned out to be male ...then no one could agree on a name for about a week or 2. He remained nameless.
Apparently, a nameless cat isn't a good thing. Or an only kitten isn't a good thing. Something. Benjamin called him Freckles one day, and that stuck.
Since then he's adopted a couple nicknames to go with Freckles ... Freddy Freckles ... Freckles Krueger ... Freddy Krueger ... Jason ... Monster ... IT ... Mr. Violence ...
I have never seen such an aggressive little monster in all my life! He's determined to pierce my eyebrow! Or my nose. Not sure which one he's bound and determined to get done first. Geesh! Since he has no siblings to wrestle with ... we humans have become his siblings ...uh ...um ...hello?!?!?!?! Er ...uh ...we don't have CLAWS to fight back with!!!!
His mother, nor his Uncle Twitch have the patience to deal with him for long. He goes after them, they pick him up by the scruff of the neck and toss him. He then turns and runs directly toward one of the humans who he knows won't retaliate ... but will scream in fear.
When we first realized he was male, we were in shock, how could this beautiful, cute, cuddly adorable baby be a MALE ...he's too beautiful to be a male ...well, we can see it now! He's all boy ..rough ...tumble ...boy ... monster ... Freddy Kruger ... Freckles Krueger ...
Anyone wanna kitten? Cute, adorable ... hide when he comes! YIKES!
Ok ... a few days ago, I agreed to play along with a game from Jan's neurotic ramblings. Here's how it goes. If you want to play along, tell me in the comment section.
This is how it works: Comment on this entry and I will give you a letter. Write ten words beginning with that letter in your journal, including an explanation of what the word means to you and why, and then pass out letters to those who want to play along.
Jan gave me the letter S
1. Salvation the best gift given to me by my savior.
2. Scared what I feel when I see my new kitten come running toward me!
3. String the best thing to have for jewelry ... string of pearls!
4. Serenity peacefulness ... a peace that I get from God, and from prayer, from knowing that God has me in his hand and that he's been faithful in the past and he will be again.
5. Seirra Nevada's Ahhh, home sweet home ... Yosemite National Park, sigh ... homesick again.
6. Sanctuary My favorite place to be on Sunday mornings, and my favorite place to spend a wednesday afternoon ... Sunday mornings, it's filled with people ... the church sanctuary is filled with my church family worshipping God. Wednesdays, it's just God and me as I sort through the music for the musicians and I pray for the upcoming worship service. Just God and I in that big empty room, a place of worship, a place to take sanctuary from the storms of life, and the wars of the world. Ps 77:13
Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?
7. Simple oh please, make things simple!
8. Samuel My 16 year old son!
9. Sons Two things that will drive me crazy, but I can't imagine life without!
10. Scripture My most precious resource.
Ok, now, if you want to play along, let me know in the comment section, and I will assign you a letter, then on your blog, you post 10 words with that letter and what those words mean to you.
Thanks Jan, this was more challenging than I thought it would be, but it was interesting too! You know, I don't think I've ever done a Meme without pulling my homesickness for Yosemite into it!!!