Dr. Suess

"And will you succeed? Yes indeed! Yes indeed! Ninety Eight and Three Quarters guarenteed!"


Monday, May 08, 2006

Lightbulb moment

Pearls and Dreams


I urgently needed a few days off work, but I knew the Boss would not allow me to take leave.

I thought that maybe if I acted "CRAZY" then he would tell me to take a few days off.
So I hung upside down on the ceiling and made funny noises.

My co-worker (who's blonde) asked me what I was doing.

I told her that I was pretending to be a light bulb, so that the Boss would
think I was "CRAZY" and give me a few days off.

A few minutes later the Boss came into the office and asked "What are you doing?"

I told him I was a light bulb.
He said "You are clearly stressed out. Go home and recuperate for a couple of days".


I jumped down and walked out of the office.
When my co-worker (the blonde) followed me, the Boss asked her "...And where do you think you're going?"
She said, "I'm going home too, I can't work in the dark!"


Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so going to try this. What an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy! I just had a flash of what your students would be thinking ...and the one student ...the one that's a bit different ...would then really think you're cool!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love really good blonde jokes.

    Everybody at work already thinks that I am crazy...

    Got any good 'normal' stuff that I could do that would throw them off?

    =8+D

    later...

    ReplyDelete
  4. as a 'salon blonde' I love blonde jokes! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well! Blonde have more fun. NOT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure if I want to be the lightbulb or the blond. It really doesn't matter if I could go home, too.

    And heck, it might be true that masquerading as a normal person is exhausting... but being a non-normal crazy person is just as exhasting. I speak from experince ;-)

    ReplyDelete