Dr. Suess

"And will you succeed? Yes indeed! Yes indeed! Ninety Eight and Three Quarters guarenteed!"


Sunday, June 05, 2005

Will I ever learn?????

Pearls and Dreams

Yesterday afternoon, I went to a baby shower. My justification was that it was 89º outside and we live in a mobile home, and we don't have our A/C working ... and it'd be cooler at the baby shower. (true) Truth be told, it was the children's pastor's baby shower ...after praying for her for 5 years to become pregnant ... and many many years of tears and frustration for her as we, as a church watched their battle with infertility. I wasn't going to miss it if I possibly could help it!!!

Last night, we had to leave the mobile home because of the storm, we had to be gone for 2 hours.

I woke up today and it didn't seem to hurt as much. The walker hurt my hands and shoulders more than it hurt to use the knee. So, I've been walking on it all day. Since it hurts my right leg so much to favor my left leg, I've barely limped.


Today, I found out that someone from our church was coming to bring us a meal. I decided my house wasn't clean enough, my kids were no where to be found ... I picked up.

My knee and my left calf and foot are pretty swollen. You can't see the wrinkles in my ankles and toes ... you can't see the ligements/tendons in the top of my foot. You can barely see my ankle bone. You can still see my knee cap, barely. The pain is unreal!

OOPS I guess tomorrow I'm back to bedrest & walker usage. I don't remember when my last pain killer was .... guess it's time ....

when will I learn?????????????

2 comments:

  1. OH, (((((Gentle Hugs)))))
    Pk, please please be sure to take care of you! You really need to rest, it can take a long time to get over anesthesia. I'm praying for you dear!

    love, (((((hugs)))), and prayers
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for your return to Prednisone.

    Otherwise, remember what my Blogmother always says: Blogging makes any day bright!

    It takes the mind off the body, I guess. God bless you.

    pb
    Little Pond

    ReplyDelete