Dr. Suess

"And will you succeed? Yes indeed! Yes indeed! Ninety Eight and Three Quarters guarenteed!"


Sunday, June 12, 2005

Prednisone

Pearls and Dreams

Once upon a lifetime ago, I thought prednisone was the most evil drug on planet earth. Then I got the 5 mgs a day for the lupus pain. I realized it did have a positive effect. Then they took it away.


Now I can't have it back until the surgical sites are totally healed over ... one of the sites is still a scab and has one of the internal stitches sticking up .. grrr ... so I'm still off prednisone.

My wedding ring is a size too big for me. I have two sizes shoes. My size 8 1/2 regular shoes and my size 9 wide width shoes. My size 9's are for when the lupus is flaring ... well, my size 9's are tight.

I want my prednisone! I WANT MY PREDNISONE I WANT MY PREDNISONE ...
ok, going now for a nap. I do have something positive to say today. BUT I needed to get that gripe off my chest first.


3 comments:

  1. i've been thinking about doing a post on prednisone... such a wonderful drug but with horrible potential side effects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read some terrible things about the sde effects of prednisone, and since I am allergic to it I looked into alternative anti-inflammatories. Fish Oil is a great natural alternative (not as strong of course) just be sure it is certified as free of heavy metals (such as mercury).
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll look into it. I have to be very careful because of my other autoimmune disease MG. So many things (including anti inflammatories) can cause a flare. And those flares can include the risk of a respirator ... so I'm pretty particular about what I try and don't try.

    Dr. Charles ... I think you should do a post. I love my 5 mgs ..but I'd fight tooth and nail against going on 80 mgs again.

    ReplyDelete