Dr. Suess

"And will you succeed? Yes indeed! Yes indeed! Ninety Eight and Three Quarters guarenteed!"


Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Pearls and Dreams

Pearls and Dreams

I got a call from the doctor's office, the ones on my arms are fine. One was
pre cancerous, and they got the whole thing. The one on my nose is a
melanoma, and it did not have borders, meaning, the scraping of it to biopsy didn't
get the whole thing. I go in Friday to have the rest of it removed and some
healthy tissues around it and something about checking lymph nodes, although
the nurse didn't tell me how they do that.
She said that normally, they'd take it off today, but since I'm on
immunosuppression, they want it to heal from where they cut me last week before they
cut again so that it lessens the chance of infection.

I'm stunned, I was expecting pre cancerous, or normal. I was not really
prepared for this. I really didn't think it would happen. Also, with the news of
my cousin's acute leukemia yesterday, it's all just a bit much to take in. I
don't know how to tell my family that I have melanoma on my nose!
I dont' see how it could have gone very deep, because it's right on the
bridge of the nose, how can he go any deeper?

Anyway, I've got a rip roarin' headache, that wasn't doing well before the
doctor's office called and has gotten significantly worse since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment