I copied this from Cliff Between the Lines, who got it from Sanity's Optional ...
I needed a distraction tonight. I'm not going to sleep wondering what's going to happen tomorrow, waiting to find out how bad cancer is, and what's coming? SUCKS. It could be serious, it could be 'hey, once it's gone, it's gone" Melanoma's run the gammet. It's a based on stage, and if it's in my lymphnodes or not ... waiting is not my strength, I can handle almost anything if I know what's going on.
Have You Ever:
01. Bought everyone in the pub a drink: no
02. Swam with wild dolphins: No
03. Climbed a mountain: Yes, several, I grew up in Yosemite National Park (well, right outside of it, in Mariposa) then lived in Colorado, of coarse I've climed mountains!
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive: Nope.
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid: nope.
06. Held a tarantula: oh yea! We'd have a pet one, if we thought it could survive Benjamin. Well, once we got cats, the idea of a tarantula kind of didn't seem so smart.
I have weird tastes in pets ... my list of I wants:
Pirhanna's (plural) don't cringe! they have personalities! I had a friend that I rented a room from that had them, very very cool fish. Don won't let me have one though ... Benjamin likes to pet fish, he seems to think there might be a conflict there
I want a pot bellied pig.
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone: Nope.
08. Said ‘I love you’ and meant it: Yes.
09. Hugged a tree: Yep, In Yosemite as part of a girlscout picture.
10. Done a striptease: No!
11. Bungee jumped: ARE YOU NUTS??
12. Visited Paris: Nope. Only time I've left the US was for about 25 min, Windsor Canada, just acrossed the US border.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea: Uh, no, but I live in Oklahoma, I see LOTS of lightening storms up close and personal.
14. Stayed up all night long, and watch the sun rise: used to do it all the time. I worked graveyard shift as a waitress!
15. Seen the Northern Lights: No
16. Gone to a huge sports game:Let's see, California Angels, quite a bit when I was little, then got to go to a Yankee's game in NY, and the Philadelphia Phillies play the Huston Astro's in 1981, was on a trip with my high school to New Brunswick. If there hadn't been a major league strike that year, we would have seen the Kansas City Royals play too, but they went on strike before we left for home.
17. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa: uh, no and you couldn't pay me to!
18. Grown and eaten your own vegetables: Yes. Does it count if it was your parents garden? My part was the radishes. No one was allowed to pick them without my express permission. I actually believed that my parents drove into town just to buy radishes because I was at a friends house and wasn't there to give permission to pick radishes LOL ... I'll have to post "My Dad's Shadow" poem, about my step dad and I and gardening
19. Touched an iceberg: nooooo
20. Slept under the stars: Yes frequently growing up!
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon: No :( .
22. Watched a meteor shower: Yep, lots of times.
23. Gotten drunk on champagne: nope
24. Given more than you can afford to charity: a few times, not as often as I'd like.
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope: yep, my little brother used to own one. Going to a planetarium was so much cooler though!
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment:yea, and it was frustrating. I lost a friend in the Oklahoma City Bombing. She had sang in a singing group with me, Proclamation. During her funeral, when someone was eulagizing her, someone said something that struck those of us that had sang with her as exceptionally funny. It was very very hard not to laugh, and we were giggling under our breaths, the harder we tried not to, the harder it was not to. But I think Trudy would have loved that.
27. Had a food fight: Don't like fights of any kind shape or form.
28. Bet on a winning horse: no
30. Called in sick when you were not ill: Yep, and went to the lake with a friend. I borrowed a swimsuit from her mom. The suit went down in back about 3 inches lower than any suit I'd had for 5 years. I had 3 layers of blisters on my back in that strip! (2 on the rest of my back). We'd spent 8 hours at the lake using baby oil. Val and I got soooo sick. Worst I was ever burned. THEN 2 days later, I woke up and all the skin had disappeard from my armpits. Turned out I'd gotten some kind of parasite in the lake that ate my skin! AWFUL ...fun day HEAVY consequences.
31. Asked out a stranger: nope
32. Had a snowball fight: well, yea!
33. Photocopied your bottom on the office photocopier: no way!
34. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can: hmmmm a couple of times ... once it was for real, when I found my step dad's body when he committed suicide. The second time was in Drama class, I was improvising and I'd been told to act out a scene where I get a call that my dad has been killed in a car accident. The teacher didn't know my step dad had died just 2 years earlier. (we'd moved away by then, and were here in Oklahoma, she just knew I had a single mom) I think I had a flashback. I remember starting the scene, then teachers from surrounding classrooms busting in to see if everything was ok.
35. Held a lamb: Yep. We owned sheep for about 24 hours. We were supposed to raise them for 4H ... my sister and I took them out to feed them, they were following us, I stopped, they didn't, the sheep just kept walking right over me. We walked in and told our parents to get rid of them all ...sheep and lambs.
37. Taken a midnight skinny dip: No.
38. Taken an ice cold bath: Does bathing in a mountain river count?
39. Had a meaningful converation with a beggar: no, but I did have a dream about it, and wrote a poem about it.
40. Seen a total eclipse: Of the sun, yes when I was about 7. Of the moon, lots of times.
41. Ridden a roller coaster: Yes. Hated it more than I could ever even begin to express!
42. Hit a home run kick ball: nope, softball homeruns, not kickball.
43. Fit three weeks miraculously into three days: LOL ... I was ADHD are you kidding? It was common!
44. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking: uh, no, I'd always care!
45. Adopted an accent for an entire day: No but my son does frequently ..drives me insane! Does him tons of good in his drama class. At home? ARGH!
46. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors: Well, let's see, Ireland ..no, Native American ... I'm here ... heinz 57 who knows?
47. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment: Yes ... happens a lot, when my husband's not around.
48. Had two hard drives for your computer: hmmmm it's lucky i know what a harddrive is!
49. Visited all 50 states: No, all but 7 or 8, can't remember now.
50. Loved your job: well ... no, unless you count the volunteer job I do for my church. i love that.
51. Taken care of someone who was @##$ faced: Yea, once.
52. Had enough money to be truly satisfied: hmmm as a child. I don't have enough now, but ... I'm not pining over what I don't have.
53. Had amazing friends: yes, always,
54. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country: nope
55. Watched wild whales: Does watching them in Star Trek count? (when they came back to present day? ok, so that was corney, sue me!)
56. Stolen a sign: nope
57. Backpacked in Europe: Nope, just in Yosemite and Colorado
58. Taken a road-trip: yes, ick, I hate traveling.
59. Rock climbing: yep! But again, back to my childhood.
60. Lied to foreign government’s official in that country to avoid notice: nope
61. Midnight walk on the beach: probably not at midnight LOL I was a kid when i went to the ocean. After dark yes.
62. Sky diving: NOPE
63. Visited Ireland: no :( would love to. I'm Irish!
64. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love: hmmm, does that mean longer than the relationship? It took a very long time for my heart to heal after my divorce.
65. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them: Yes.
66. Visited Japan: No
67. Benchpressed your own weight: No.
68. Milked a cow: yep.
69. Alphabetized your cds: noooooo too ADHD for that.
70. Pretended to be a superhero: No
71. Sung karaoke: once! At a mother/daughter sleep over I took my neice to, a friend Cindy and I got roped into it. They took a picture of us, in our jammies, singing, and posted it in the church activity board for about 3 months!
72. Lounged around in bed all day: Lounged? No, been too sick to be anywhere else and thus spent the day there, yes.
73. Posed nude in front of strangers: NO
74. Scuba diving: Nope.
75. Got it on to "Let’s Get It On" by Marvin Gaye: No
76. Kissed in the rain: Yes.
77. Played in the mud: Made mud pies when I was 5.
78. Played in the rain: Frequently as a child, but we didn't have a bunch of lightening there.
79. Gone to a drive-in theater: Quite a bit as a teen. Last one though was ET
80. Done something you should regret, but don’t regret it: wow, that's a tough one. No, can't think of anything
81. Visited the Great Wall of China: No.
82. Discovered that someone who’s not supposed to have known about your blog has discovered your blog: no, but I am not sure anyone but Cliff and Deniece are reading my blog
83. Dropped Windows in favor of something better: no
84. Started a business: no.
85. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken: no .
86. Toured ancient sites: no
87. Taken a martial arts class: no
88. Swordfought for the honor of a woman: ROFLMHO ... uh, NO
89. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight: nope, never played it at all.
90. Gotten married:Twice, never again. Twice betrayed is more than enough.
91. Been in a movie: No
92. Crashed a party: Nope.
93. Loved someone you shouldn’t have: mmmm would you count my ex husband who shattered my heart after 4 months when he decided he was gay?
94. Kissed someone so passionately it made them dizzy: yea, the ex mentioned above, and visa versa ... frequently.
96. Had sex at the office: nope.
97. Gone without food for 5 days: yep. Eating disorders do that to a person.
98. Made cookies from scratch: Yes.
99. Won first prize in a costume contest: I was a chicken one year and a baby.
100. Ridden a gondola in Venice: No