Dr. Suess

"And will you succeed? Yes indeed! Yes indeed! Ninety Eight and Three Quarters guarenteed!"


Saturday, November 04, 2006

Let me take you on a tour.

Come right on in ... oh wait ...first I have to check the mail ...

11-4(5)

Okay ... let's walk on up the driveway to the house. I hope you really enjoy the house. We've worked really hard to get the house, and a lot of people have worked really hard to build it with us, for us.

10-21(7)

Come on in ... The storm door, was something I'll never forget being put together! It took a WHOLE day! It's made by Pella. You'd think storm doors that are that expensive would be a little less complicated!

Eaglers--10-24(3)

First, we come to the kitchen. I can't believe I have so many cabinets and drawers! Where I am now, I have ONE drawer and ONE cabinet!!!
11-4(14)
No longer will we have to 'store' our skillets on the stove when not in use.
Across from the kitchen, is the living room. We had the choice of an 8 foot wall at the door, but it was just for decoration and to devide the room. I liked the openess of the space ... I think it makes the house look bigger. The carpet, is called Adobe.

Living Room

Oh, and while professionals lay the carpet, my husband and son laid the kitchen and hallway lenolium. I think he did a beautiful job!
Let's go down the hallway to the rest of the house. First, take a look at the lighting fixtures ...
hallway lights

Hallway

The bathroom is there at the end of the hallway, no pictures though. Not sure why. Maybe at the key ceremony.

Take a left here, and you see my utility room and side door. They call it a 'mudroom' and 'mudroom door'. It's one of my favorite features about the house!!
mudroom
My laundry area has been IN my kitchen for the last 17 years, the 5 years before that, it was in a laundromat! UGH!!! I can't wait to have it out of the kitchen.
The door to the left, is the hot water heater and the doors to the right is the utility closet.

Back to the main hallway and to the bedrooms,
Samuel's Bedroom

This one is Samuel's, but they all are similar, the master is a bit bigger and has a ceiling fan.
Let's take our coffee to the porch and we can enjoy the view oh, and you can see the pretty flowers that they planted for us.
My flower beds, Pink Knockout Roses

These are the pink Knockout Roses.

I do hope you enjoyed the tour. Come again!

13 comments:

  1. Just so you know I am totally drooling over the size of your kitchen!!! totally and completly. wow it is huge!!!! How cool! Your house looks totally great!!! beatiful!!! love the flowers;) Congrats on that!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!

    It's beautiful Peggikaye!


    I'm so happy for you!


    Love the kitchen but I love the utility room better!

    Wish I had one of those!

    later...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Wolfbaby!

    TJ ...isn't that great!!! I can't wait to do my first load of laundry in my new washer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just beautiful PK! You're going to enjoy it sooooooo much and be so proud of it. I'm so happy for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh.......and yay!!!!!!! I love your flowers!!! You know me and flowers! Gotta have 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is just perfect. (((PK))) you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything about it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fabulous -- my heartfelt congratulations to you and your family...I know you'll love every minute of living there! (What a reward for all your hours of hard work!)
    A

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm at work and they have blocked most picture hosting services (e.g., Flickr) so I can't see the pictures on your blog - just a white box where the pictures should be. But I'm so happy and exicited I couldn't want to post a comment! I'll peek tonight from home... but I am so HAPPY for you! My heart is busrting! Congrats and enjoy your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quote: But I'm so happy and exicited I couldn't want to post a comment!

    I really meant to say, "But I'm so happy and exicited I couldn't WAIT to post a comment!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yahoo! It's all so wonderful!

    You deserve the best, and it looks like you got it.

    Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

    All my love, Baby BlogSis.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, its beautiful! (I'm doing my laundry in my kitchen as I type!)

    Thanks for your comments . . . I haven't been up to blogging lately. :o/ We'll have to talk on the phone some day when things calm down for you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. its so amazing and so wonderful and we are soo excited for you and your family

    Amelia

    ReplyDelete