Dr. Suess

"And will you succeed? Yes indeed! Yes indeed! Ninety Eight and Three Quarters guarenteed!"


Thursday, November 02, 2006

Book Meme I can live with ...

Pearls and Dreams

Artemis had this on her site, I thought it was really an interesting meme ... so, I picked it up. I'm not going to tag anyone, so go ahead and feel safe to read on. However ... I challenge you ... to forge ahead and join the meme on your own.

Here are the instructions ...
Here are the rules and my selection:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next four sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest!

"You've tried that too? Just when I realized it was impossible, I also realized that it was not at all what I was wanting to do.
I sat down and held her tight little tummy against my chest. She began to relax."

Max Lucado's No Wonder They Call Him Savior

A few sentences later ... his 3 week old baby girl fell asleep inspite of the tummy ache.
What had he tried to do? To hold her, comfort her while getting stuff done with the other hand.

I had something happen this week that unsettled me. An email out of the blue ..from my childhood. I won't go into details, but, it caused a rather tumultuous tornado inside my spirit to errupt.

I went to church Wednesday night and in worship team practice we worked on a new song that we've been learning ... I blogged about it a while back ...STILL ... and again, I was reminded that God was still God ..and I just needed to be still and know that he's in charge.


Hide me now,
Under Your wings
Cover me,
With in Your mighty hand
When the oceans rise and thunders roar

I will soar with You, above the storm

Father, You are King over the flood

I will be still and know You are God

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust
****************************************************

It's funny ... when I was flailing about, like an infant with a tummy ache, my heavenly Father took time out to hold me close to His heart ... let me hear his heartbeat ... and soon, I began to relax. It's not the first time, it won't be the last. But what a relief to know ... He will always be there, to get me through the storm ..and hold me close.

He doesn't have to hold me while answering the phone, he doesn't have to write a blog while holding me. He doesn't have to feed the dog, or cat while he's holding me. When my heart is hurting ...and I'm in a panic ... He holds me, close, under his Wing ... and gives me rest.

****************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment