Dr. Suess

"And will you succeed? Yes indeed! Yes indeed! Ninety Eight and Three Quarters guarenteed!"


Sunday, November 12, 2006

Dreams come true

We own a home ... the house key is truly precious metal! I don't know how many people were there. Quite a few.

It was a really neat time with everyone giving credit to God and prayers. I think, my face actually hurts from smiling ...but I'm still smiling!

Afterwards, we were given a living room set by a few couples in our church. I knew we were getting some living room furniture, but didn't quite know what to expect ... they did perfect! I found a picture and posted below what they bought for us! They'd asked me about what our needs and wants were. I told them that Don really needed a recliner, and there wasn't room for both a recliner and loveseat. I'd rather see him get the recliner than have the normal couch & loveseat set. Well, they decided that wasn't good enough and got us a loveseat that reclines in both seats, and a couch that reclines on both ends!!! So the couch and love seat has FOUR recliners!!!!

Diane and I had talked about how Don really wanted leather and I REALLY didn't want leather. I didn't mind the look, but I can't stand how cold it is in the winter and how you stick to it in the summer. So, they got this beautiful suede that looks like a brushed leather!!!

The color, a beautiful olive green! We couldn't have picked better if we'd tried!!!
So now the moving starts!!!

We were given a computer, a $75 gift certificate from Albertsons, a beautiful family Bible and a tool chest. The lady who lives in the Habitat house just down the street from mine presented us with the Bible and tool chest. She is a wonderful lady that I met at my classmate's building ... and she prayed WITH me that I would get into Broken Arrow ...and that regardless of the complications that all the pathways would open up ... it was a very special moment for both of us. She specifically had prayed the whole year that we'd get the particular lot we did ..she wanted us as neighbors.

We now have a solid house as well as a home.
Pk


livingroom

9 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you Pk, it has to feel amazing! Congratulations on your new home, it's truly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beatiful pk i am so very happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I'm so happy for you, Pk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to stop reading your blog at work... it's not good to cry at my desk; even if they are tears of happiness and thanksgiving.

    Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PK, words can't describe how happy I am for you. How's Benjamin now? Still disbelieving? Give him another hug for me and let him know that it IS really happening!
    A

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dreams do come true. Isn't God wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PK, I am so happy for you and your family! What a wonderful thing to have this happen for you..

    God has blessed you!

    I'm going to take you and Don out for dinner!

    I will send you an email this evening and explain that last remark.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alison, thank you!! It is amazing and wonderful only begins to explain how it feels!

    Wolfbaby and Difficult ... THANK YOU!

    Liz ...aww .. how sweet!

    Artemis ...he believes now, he didn't want to leave Sunday, didn't even care that there was nothing for dinner at the house. For a teenage boy, that was impressive!

    Wanda ... it really is cool. I wish I'd gotten to say hey to you after the ceremony, but they kept grabbing me for pictures!

    Cathy ... your remark has me quite curious ... waiting for details ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Enjoy your new home.

    ReplyDelete