Dr. Suess

"And will you succeed? Yes indeed! Yes indeed! Ninety Eight and Three Quarters guarenteed!"


Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Judgmental looks ....

Pearls and Dreams

So ... Saturday, I let someone get to me. I worked harder than what my body had to give. It took me 2 days to uncurl my flared body from the position it went into when I finally stopped. I'm still paying the price. It's Wednesday and I still haven't loosened up enough to feel like I'm going to be OK by Saturday. When that happens ... the cycle would be endless.

So, my concern is mounting through the week and I'm praying.

"God, you know what I want to do! You know how much my hands want to be in the middle of this, you know how much it hurts when the looks come to tell me I'm not enough ... I HAVE TO DO THIS GOD!"

So, I argue with God, all day, every day. I HAVE TO DO THIS! I've worked too hard, prayed to hard, cried too hard and trusted Him too hard to not be a part of this now!!!! I cannot just sit back and watch ... what am I supposed to do sit still while my house is being built by others?

Sit still?

I've heard that before.

Still ... still? God? You want me to SIT STILL? How in the world can I sit still? My house needs to be built, what will people think? What will they think of my testimony about YOU if I just sit still?

So tonight ... we sing a new song ... Called STILL

Based on Psalm 46:10
If I could have ... I'd have been on my knees.
The scripture I memorized for a ribbon as a child rang loud in my heart

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!

Do I need to do anything for God's name to be exalted? Do I have to be the one to swing the hammer or sweep the mud?
Be still ... and know that HE is God.

So, I looked it up, in context ...
Verses 6 through 10
6 The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved; He uttered His voice, the earth melted. 7 The Lord of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah 8 Come, behold the works of the Lord, Who has made desolations in the earth. 9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two; He burns the chariot in the fire. 10 Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! 11 The Lord of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah

I sat back and realized ... I've talked repeatidly about how he calmed the war zone of my household. How He ended the war in our family ...and brought PEACE and calm.
I constantly am in awe at the family that I now call mine. That God gave me inspite of the war that once existed.

This is the same God ... be still and know ... I can sit back and watch him build my house ... and know that he is God. That doesn't mean that I can't do anything. But when it's time to sit, and let my body rest ... I can sit ...and rest and know that HE IS God ..and in HIM I take refuge.

Not in what other's think of me, not in what I can do or can't do ... not in whatever I am afraid that people will think of God if I don't do ...

It's not my job to do anything but
To be still and know that HE is God and he WILL be exalted.

6 comments:

  1. Then I guess you had better "be good" and do as you're told.

    *smile*

    later...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should do only what you know you can. PK those people have to know about your situation. If someone gives you a dirty look, why not just smile at her and tell her how much you appreciate what she is doing to help build your house. Let her know that you wish you could do more but it is not physically possible to do more than you can do.

    What about an advocate person who could talk to some of those people who are giving you dirty looks. Is there someone that can explain to them why it isn't possible? The Pastor maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when God uses music to get his point across--he does it to me all the time! ((hugs)) Now be still, Pk! ;o)

    (He told me to seek first his kingdom and rightiousness . . . He certainly knows how to reach us, eh?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. PK
    Try not to let those that don't know you upset you. Yes I know what you mean about the "looks" I have been getting a few of them my self from people that don't understand. PK you are one of the sweetest people I know and don't let them get to you. God know and those that care about you know. That is all that is important. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Know that we don't think those things of you and don't worry bout what others think... there are some good suggestions here.. hugs my friend and know that I am thinking of you and praying for you..

    ReplyDelete