Dr. Suess

"And will you succeed? Yes indeed! Yes indeed! Ninety Eight and Three Quarters guarenteed!"


Monday, September 18, 2006

Musical Tags

Pearls and Dreams I have been tagged by Moof. I was tagged by Difficult Patient a while back, and I have not forgotten that i was tagged, I just haven't had the nerve to attack hers yet. Although, I feel guilty for not having done so, I WILL eventually get to it. (as soon as I figure out the answer to the first question ...something about do you like your blog or why do you blog yada yada yada) But, for today, I will answer Moof's tag, which is simply about 7 songs. It might have been easier if she'd asked me which 70 songs I'm listening to right now :D In answer to your question Moof ...yes, I have a song in my heart :D

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your Live Journal/blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

1. In Christ Alone. Phillips Craig and Dean

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest
drought and storm

In Christ alone I place my trust
And find my glory in the power
of the cross
In every victory let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope
In Christ alone I place my trust
And find my glory in the power
of the cross
In every victory let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope
In Christ alone

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His Hand
'til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.

2. Other Side of the Radio ...Chris Rice

3. Cartoon Song ... Chris Rice

4. Less Like Scars ... Sara Groves
*very very important song in my life

5. Tornado ... Sara Groves

6. Remember Surrender ... Sara Groves

7. Blessed Be Your Name ... Matt Redman (and many of his other, including I'm coming back to the Heart of Worship!)

This song comes right out of Job
I can't tell you how many times I heard it on the radio last year (2005) and sang it, no, screamed it, through gritted teeth, and that was my declaration that no matter how hard, how desperate or how dark my life was ... I was going to declare the love and glory of the name of the Lord. I would bang the beat on the stearing wheel through tears ... the week after Don shared his story with me of how and why he gave God the control of his heart and our marriage was so instantly healed (which, was two weeks before Habitat changed their minds and decided we could move to Broken Arrow not North Tulsa) our Worship Leader introduced this song to the worship team as a new song for the church to be singing.
I lived the dark times, I'm living the good times and still I will proclaim ... blessed be the name of the Lord!
Blessed Be Your Name
by Matt Redman
- - -
Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name

Now, I have to tag 7 people, I of coarse will tag Wanda. I will also tag Cathy, http://thegreensneakers.blogspot.com/, I think I want to tag my own son Benjamin at Under Cover (boy won't HE be surprised!) Sandy, Artemis, TJ. Oh, and since Bj only doesn't know 7 bloggers, I'm going to tag Biscotti Brain for good measure. :D
(Bj's is as much an assignment as anything)

6 comments:

  1. ah PK...Thank you sweetie, but I have already been gotten, twice...I will still take your tag though and just add your name to my other's.

    You and I like some of the same music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *LOL* It's hilarious how we're all scrambling for tag-ees! *LOL*

    Pk ... I love your songs. I'm going to have to look up some of those singers. I should have had a clue of what sort of music a music minister would offer us! :o)

    My favorite religious singers, at the moment (and for quite a few years) are John Michael Talbot, and Michael Card. I have quite a few others, too ...

    Great meme, PK! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love John Michael Talbot and Michael Card, although, I haven't heard them in quite a while! I need to dig them out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Peggikaye...

    Things going great at the house? The weather has been really, really nice.

    I'm honored to have been tagged, but...

    I don't listen to music much at all.

    Not that I don't like it. I do. And I love to sing.

    When I do listen or sing to music, I don't know the names of the songs or the artists.

    Does that sound weird?

    When I read the words of the songs on your blog, the song comes to my mind. But I am clueless about the name and who it belongs to.

    Most of the songs that you list are some of my favorites too.

    I don't have any music CD's or tapes or anything.

    When I'm here at my computer, I sit in silence.

    Sometimes God gives me a song in the morning that goes through my head during the day...

    I stopped by Benjamin's page.

    Tell him to keep up the good work.

    If he wants, I can add him to my sidebar on my blog.

    later...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah, good songs . . . ;o) I love "I'm coming back to the heart of worship"

    ReplyDelete