Pearls and Dreams
I have been tagged by Cathy on one of my favorite subjects! BOOKS!
1. One book that changed your life:
"Edge of Eternity" By Randy Alcorn. An allegory of the walk of the christian life. An incredible story full of symbolism and strong truths. At the end, when the main character gets to the bright city and sees 'The Carpenter' (Christ) he says "but Lord, I am not worthy!" and The Carpenter looks at him and says "My son, you are worthy because I have MADE you worthy."
At that point ...in that one sentence .. my walk with God was changed. From why would God want me ... I'm not worthy ... to OH! That's why he wants me! HE made me worthy, the pressure is off me to BE worthy but on HIM. I only need to be what he created me to be.
2. One book you have read more than once:
Chronicals of Narnia ... over and over and over again. Was a yearly tradition.
3. One book you would want on a desert island:
My New Century Version Bible
4. One book that made you laugh:
hmmmm "omma Get the Hammer – There is a. Fly on Pappas Head"– by Barbara Johnson Actually, anything by Barbara Johnson ... just her titles make me laugh.
5. One book that made you cry:
Chronicals of Narnia or Edge of Eternity ...toss up
6. One book you wish had been written: Why It's OK to Be Imperfect" or "I'm Normal in My Abnormalities" (A quote by my oldest son as he learned of his tourette's dignosis and what that meant)
7. One book you wish you had written:
hmmmmmm finished Monday Musings. Which, may be a necessity now. ;)
8. One Book You Wish had Never Been Written: Lolita ... not only is the story line unecessary ...but my ears got tired of the phrase born of the book in the scandal I won't mention.
9. One book you are currently reading
A Man Named Dave
10. One book you have been meaning to read:
The Oath by Frank Perretti
Now the real fun part...I get to tag 5 people...
Wanda's Wings ... my dear good friend Wanda! (where oh where has my wanda friend gone? Oh where oh where could she BE?????????)
Dr. Deb ... who I have found to have such interesting idea's and insights. I can't wait to find out what she reads!
The Journey ... my wonderful friend Deneice (who actually started me on blogging)
Raine's Days ...because I bet it will be interesting, and I'm homesick. ;) (she's the nearest person to Mariposa I can tag)
Biscotti Brain ...on of my early blog connection who always reads and does fascinating things. By the way, I still have the book you sent me, and it is a reminder that you said one day you'd be buying a book of mine that was similar to it. :D