Dr. Suess

"And will you succeed? Yes indeed! Yes indeed! Ninety Eight and Three Quarters guarenteed!"


Monday, July 03, 2006

Smile

Pearls and Dreams

At camp, I had more than one adult walk up to me and tell me what a priviledge it was to watch my sons and I interact. They'd been to summer camp with my kids for several years,and they knew I had good kids. Seeing us together, they understood why.

It was a real kick to hear the compliments, both on their character, and on us as a family.

Then today, I'm laying down in my bedroom resting and my 16 year old comes barging into my room and says "I love you mom".
With all the sincerity he has. There was no "I need something" behind it.

Touched, I wanted to know what brought it on, not that he doesn't tell me he loves me ... he does, daily. It's just, in the middle of the afternoon, out of the blue ..and SO lovingly ???

So

He says he was watching TV. Just a stupid show. One that kids have said ... I wish my parents are like that ... etc etc. One of those shows that adults like to remind teenagers that life isn't really like that.

Something happened on the show between the parents and the 16 year old son. My son wasn't impressed, again by the way the parents responded.

So he came into the room to tell me how much he loved me and was glad I'm his mom.

You know ... I'm glad he's my son too.

6 comments:

  1. awww they have you pullin your hair out then the do something like that *grin*. I knew you had good boys:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaawww! That's so sweet! It's the kind of thing that makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it? I hope I can look forward to something like that when my son is a teenager. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaawww! That's so sweet! It's the kind of thing that makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it? I hope I can look forward to something like that when my son is a teenager. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pk, that's beautiful! Thank you for sharing that with us.

    And you know - I'm not at all surprised that your son would do that ...

    {{{ hugs! }}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet your a great mom! You certainly have great kids.

    ReplyDelete