Dr. Suess

"And will you succeed? Yes indeed! Yes indeed! Ninety Eight and Three Quarters guarenteed!"


Friday, December 01, 2006

:)

My book, Friday Fellowship, went to print today.

I am so excited I can't even see straight!

The cover is just beautiful! Not at all what I'd expected, or would have done myself ... far more elegant and lovely.

They also used the color picture on the back instead of the sepia tone ...

As soon as it's available ... I will definitely let you know. :D

In the meantime ...we're ankle deep in snow. My kids are going bonkers.

Samuel's Tourette's is unusually active today. I'm having a hard time remembering that he has an actual disorder and isn't just being annoying. It's hard ... when he walks around the house yelling "duck sauce" out of the blue for no good reason ... when he continued after having been disciplined (sent to his room) I realized that it wasn't just cabin fever but disorder ... whoops ....good mom ...punish a kid for TS ... good job!

He took his medicine ... I wonder what's causing it to act up.

Come to think of it, Benjamin's motor tics are unusually active today too .. hmmm

I don't feel good because of the weather changes ... stupid joints don't think too much of drastic weather changes like we've had. I wonder ... do Blizzards cause an increase of tics?

I haven't seen either one of them have an outbreak of TS like this in quite some time. Maybe it's the stress of the move and the cabin fever combined.

Calgon ...take me away!

10 comments:

  1. Have you been getting my emails pk? I'm so happy for you!

    I know that Benjamins tic's are hard to deal with at times. Be thankful that he isn't using obscene words though, as alot of Torrettes victims do. I use to work with a woman who had it and all day long, everyday, she would jerk her head and say (F)...Many people who didn't know her were offended until they realized something wasn't right. I don't know why it was THAT word but she was the nicest woman you would ever want to meet. It was sad really, because it certainly wasn;t her fault.

    You know Dr. Barteam talks about Torrettes on his blog sometimes. He has it but has learned to control his very well.

    Oh I almost forgot, I am tagging you later this evening...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you posting right now?

    no, I'm not getting emails from you! When have you emailed me!

    And what's more ...why did my email not notify me that you posted comments on my blog!!!

    unacceptable!

    hmph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!

    I'm glad it has turned out so nice for you...

    All the way around!

    later...

    ReplyDelete
  4. PK, dear.....Tag, you're it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so if you weren't getting cathy's e-mail is it possible you weren't getting mine as well? hmmm

    I love the pic you sent me it's amazing and thanks for sharing the pic of the painting wanda did...

    I am so excited for you!!!!

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the printing of your book!!!!!!!! When will it be available?

    I wonder if the full moon has something to do with tics 'n' things. I know there is no scientific reason, but I also know what it is like to work in an ER on a full moon and it is different! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your book!

    I wanted to know if by any chance you would be interested in doing an unbiased review of our product on tics.

    If you agree we will send you a product sample so that you can try it and then write a review about it.

    Please let me know if you are interested.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erin, you can email me at Pearlsofaneagle@aol.com to discuss this further.

    Pk

    ReplyDelete