Dr. Suess

"And will you succeed? Yes indeed! Yes indeed! Ninety Eight and Three Quarters guarenteed!"


Sunday, September 16, 2007

"I'm Sorry"

Two little words.

"I'm sorry I bumped into you"
"I'm sorry I forgot to get cash for you"
"I'm sorry I didn't do my homework"
"I'm sorry you went through that ..."

I never thought ..that 2 words could be so ... what is the word I'm looking for? Impactful, profound, annoying, and intruding? RAW?

In the last 4 months ... evidently, I've shown ..to several people, not just my treatment team ... a bit more of who I am. Deep down inside. I've also talked things over with my therapist, especially when Don was in the hospital ...

and over and over again ... I hear the words "I'm sorry"

My therapist, has made it a point to make sure that I hear her say "I'm sorry this happened"

I have decided that 2 phrases I would just as soon my friends not say to me when I'm struggling "I'm sorry" and "I love you"

I am not sure why ...most people, love to hear those things. Most people, need to hear those things.

But for me ... it makes me wish I'd not shared whatever I'd just shared.
I don't know if it makes the situation feel more real ...or if it makes me feel like I've gained sympathy I don't deserve .. I don't know ... I haven't figured it out.

I only know .. I don't like to hear words that people say every day ... and I'm not at all sure that those words should bother me.

No comments:

Post a Comment