Dr. Suess

"And will you succeed? Yes indeed! Yes indeed! Ninety Eight and Three Quarters guarenteed!"


Sunday, May 04, 2008

facial recognition

Insomnia setting in here ...

I came across this interesting test ... Being one who has trouble even being able to give a description of my loved ones ... a sister, brother, my own CHILDREN ... I found this test facinating ...

Results

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of 72 faces, you correctly identified 39.
In other words, you got 54% correct.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On our previous version of this test, the average person with normal face recognition was able to recognize about 80% of the faces. If you correctly identified less than 65% of the faces, this may indicate face recognition difficulties.

For more information about face blindness and other face recognition difficulties, please go to http://www.faceblind.org/.

ok, so they think I might have difficulties ...heh? yeah, I knew that. Always have had. From childhood. I have no clue what causes it.

It will be interesting as I go through school in psychology to see if I can improve on it, or find better ways to cope with it ... I will definitely need to find ways to cope with it. 0.O


Hat tip to Menapausal Moments for the confirmation of my facial recognition issues ;)

At least I know they're real!!

on the famous persons test I got :

Results
Out of 30 faces, you correctly identified 14.You were familiar with 29 of the people in this test.If we exclude the ones you were unfamiliar with, you got 48% correct.

On our previous version of this test, the average person with normal face recognition was able to recognize about 85% of the faces they were familiar with. If you missed more than half of the faces you were familiar with, this may indicate face recognition difficulties. For more information about face blindness and other face recognition difficulties, please go to www.faceblind.org.

2 comments:

  1. I guess Brad Pitt can't count on you to boost his fan base based on that cute mug of his (actually, BP does nothing for me, but I do like Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones, can you conjure up those craggy visages?). I'm not sure you can change face blindness, but cope somehow for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a fan of BP myself ... more the Harrison Ford type myself!

    Not that I'd know him if I crossed him on the street ...hmmmm

    ReplyDelete