Dr. Suess

"And will you succeed? Yes indeed! Yes indeed! Ninety Eight and Three Quarters guarenteed!"


Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Honesty of Cats

Pearls and Dreams

My cats facinate me. No matter what I want them to do ... they do what they want when they want and no matter what anyone thinks ... they are going to be who they are.

Loving, kind, cranky, mean, sweet, stuck up, playful, scared, angry, talkative, quiet, contemplative, friendly, standoffish, notice me, don't look at me ...



Doesn't matter ...they are going to BE who they are and if it changes from moment to moment. soooo be it!

I have 2 of the prettiest, sweetest, most fully emotional cats on the planet ... by that ... I mean ...some days ... they act like normal cats, they are aloof and snobby ...and other days ... they are as playful as a puppy ...

Whatever the case ... they just don't base what I think of them on how they act ...

They seem to know that I am going to love them no matter how weird they get.



Why can't I be more like that? I know that God is going to love me no matter how weird I get. I know my friends are going to love me no matter how weird I get (right PMBeers?If we haven't stopped after all our weirdness, we never will.) I know my family is going to love me no matter how weird I get. So why do I keep my masks in place and when I DO pull them down ..why do I just find more to take their places????????

Heart of Lace

by Peggikaye Eagler


The mask that I wear,
Hides a wall of tears.
The smile shines bright,
Hiding shadows of fears.

You ask me, I'm fine,
But my heart cries in pain.
You hear my laughter,
Not the whispers of shame.


What I show my friends,
Is not what's inside.
What is shown to the world,
Covers well what I hide.


The mask seems so thick,
It's glued to my face.
The clothing of stability,
Covers a heart of torn lace.


Just how to unmask,
My coverings of show.
Just how to trust,
Is something I don't know.


Will I ever attain
Who I long to be?
If I'm hiding behind
A person who is not me?


Peggikaye Eagler

No comments:

Post a Comment