Dr. Suess

"And will you succeed? Yes indeed! Yes indeed! Ninety Eight and Three Quarters guarenteed!"


Tuesday, May 11, 2010

poetic take on MG

I have plans today.
I'm going to sweep and mop,
I'm going to put things away.

I have plans for tomorrow
The play I've been dying to see is playing
I'll shop for a dress or maybe I'll borrow.

I have plans for next week,
There is a parade down mainstreet,
That is ... if i don't get too weak.

I'd planned on cleaning,
but my arms were too tired,
My legs made sure on the wall I was leaning.

I'd planned to go and see a play,
But my eyes went double and eyelids droop,
So once again, home in bed I will stay.

This Myasthenic Monster crops up unwanted,
When chores or fun or adventure comes,
Whatever it says, I refuse to be daunted!

When Myasthenia roars, I will roar back,
I will push forward, and rest if need be,
Rest, regroup, till the muscles don't lack.

Disappointment has come once to often,
But I know that I'm stronger than the disease,
No matter the goal, my resolve won't soften.

I sometimes have to say no,for sure,
But as often as no, I will stand and succeed,
Push forward and back, but I will endure!

No comments:

Post a Comment