Dr. Suess

"And will you succeed? Yes indeed! Yes indeed! Ninety Eight and Three Quarters guarenteed!"


Friday, February 29, 2008

10 Things

Ten things I hate:

1. People saying "I just don't know how you do it all"
2. People saying "But you don't look sick!" (right after they've 'sincerely asked me "how are you doing ...no! really, how are things REALLY going?" )
3. My cat deciding that I need to get up 3 hours before I'm ready to get up. Seriously, Twitch, I'm 43 years old, I *can* decide when to get up and go to bed!!!
4. People pretending to care.
5. The weather going from spring to winter to spring in 48 hours.
6. People who make 10 times our income saying they understand my struggles with finances. (see #4)
7. People with perfect health saying they know how I feel.
8. Having to have on my happy face when I feel like my world is falling apart or my body feels like it's been run over by a train ... but if I don't ...I get comments like #1, #2 or #7
9. Insomnia
10. The word Autoimmune and all it intails.

Please no comments about how bad you feel for me ... those drive me nuts. If you want to add a list of your own ...go for it! If you have a story about how one of these comments effects you in your life ...go for it!

2 comments:

  1. Yep, my list is pretty much the same as yours. Here is one I might add.

    People who call you up and ask you to come help them do something in their house, knowing that you have home health care helping you do the same thing in your own home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!! CATHY!!!! Good to see you!!!

    yeah, that would be annoying for sure!!!

    Agency's that provide those services looking at me saying 'and why can't you do them?' while we're applying for Don ...while I'm on the waiting list myself.

    Well ..geeeeee ... I wouldn't be on the waiting list now would I?

    ReplyDelete