Dr. Suess

"And will you succeed? Yes indeed! Yes indeed! Ninety Eight and Three Quarters guarenteed!"


Wednesday, October 03, 2007

It's going to be an interesting ride.
I finally decide that it's time to get down to the business of therapy ... and ... my therapy team ... seems to dissapate on me. Dr. M leaves to go to another clinic, with the intention of me following him, but the insurance doesn't work out. The same day I find out I won't be following him, I find out that my therapist will be taking an emergency medical leave. She was supposed to have taken off right then for 6 weeks, however they had to work a few things out, and I saw her a couple more times. Her leave starts now. It will be 6 weeks starting now.

Could be interesting timing. We had a problem with social security ... they messed up, and my disability managed to get cancelled ... we are trying to get it fixed, should get fixed, but who knows how long it may get to fix. Hopefully quickly, our income has dropped to $495 for the month of October (for a family of 4!) um ..er ..uh ... yikes! What I don't know is ... does this mean my MEDICAL coverage has stopped as well? Or does the medicare/medicaid continue as well? I'm up a creek if that stopped when the social security disability stopped. The doctor appointments not being able to be kept is one thing .. not being able to get my rx's filled ...that ... is a whole 'nother kettle of fish!

What was frustrating, was calling Social Security and having them say "yes, we show that you called to say that you never got the forms, and that we didn't send them, but we still cancelled you because you didn't send them back into us." SAY WHAT? AND since when do you notify someone AFTER you've cancelled them????

My oh my.

Therapywise ... L, keeps saying that I'm disassociating during therapy. I'm not really sure what she means by that. This last time, she said that I did it more than normal. I know that I 'freeze' and don't know how to answer what she wants me to answer ... I get kind of numb. I guess I'll have to talk to her about that when she comes back. But, I'm aware of what is going on in the room ... I'm there ... I'm just 'stuck' and unable to respond, overwhelmed by what she's talking about or wants from me.

Her assignment while she's gone is for me to figure out what comfort is ... and how to be comforted.

4 comments:

  1. Grrrr. I went to call you yesterday, but you number disappeared from my contacts! Give me a call when you have time please--I've been thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. About dissociating...

    Dissociation occurs on a spectrum... from "hi-way hypnosis" (normal) to DID. Dissociation is basically disconnecting from the present in some form. You can still be aware of what is going on around you and you can even function ("well" even) while dissociating. Being numb and unable to respond could fall under the dissociation umbrella.

    ((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. My dad has been in a 18-month battle with SS and their answers and comments to him baffle me at times.

    Because of their @%$# mistakes, my parents had to go bankrupt and give their house away .. it SUCKS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dangit, dangit, dangit! I am so tired of government screw-ups! I'll be praying for you guys still. Stay strong girl.

    ReplyDelete